Sunday 16 November 2014

And Finally After 6 Months...

I finally dressed up again, and I have missed it terribly. My gf has been away this weekend and within hours it was like a tranny bomb had hit the house. Clothes pulled out from various places and strewn everywhere, makeup all over the table. Assorted trans related goods dotted around the place. I went a bit crazy. :)

Ive had a bit of a clear out. Some of my earlier purchases were not the classiest/flattering, and theyve been sat shamefully at the bottom of various piles for ages. So what this meant is trying on loads and loads of clothes trying to decide what to keep and what to throw away. Ive now got a bag full of clothes from the wardrobe, and ive binned loads of stuff from my tranny-cupboard too. I just couldnt bear to throw away some of my party dresses though, im probably never going to wear them but they are too pretty!

Ive been experimenting with what accessories I use this weekend. Ive been dressing up without boobs just to see what its like and I think when im dressing up more relaxed, I could quite happily go without the breastforms. If im going out though, I may still wear them.

I bought some new makeup this weekend to try as well. When I was in London I went to a Boots and got my face tested for their colour match foundation (which was spot on btw). Well it turns out based on your foundation you can get lipstick that is also matched to your skin tone as well. So I checked their website to see what lipstick colours were compatible with my foundation and then headed to the main store in town. Im pretty sure the girl behind the counter knew it was for me but there we go.

Since it is party season I thought id experiment and go for some red lipstick and co-ordinating nail varnish. I didnt think I would like it too much but you know what, I actually really do. Im not sure when I will ever need to wear red lipstick again but I do like the look if it. Its such a nice colour and really didnt budge all day. I wasnt doing anything particularly heavy duty with my lips but I didnt have to re-apply once. I also bought some purple varnish with a pinky lipstick too but didnt get a chance to try them over the weekend.  Maybe next time.

When it came to the dreaded task of hair removal it actually went pretty well this time around. Historically ive always had a problem with it, with my skin reacting in weird and nasty ways. But this time ive hardly had a reaction at all apart from one pretty serious one. I used Veet for men again, I only kept it on for the maximum guide time (not up to 10 mins as some people say) and then wiped it off with an old tshirt. I had no reaction and it did a pretty good job but not perfect, the only issue was on my hip it actually burnt me. As soon as it was applied I felt it burn so I washed it off but the damage was already done, and im now left with a rash on my hips. After using the Veet I then waited 24 hours and then went over problem areas with a razor, but rather than the usual multi blade job, on the back of Gilette Fusion blades is a single blade used for trimming. I used that extremely softly and I had no real reaction at all. It doesnt get every hair but it was good enough for this weekend.

Well now im back, I dont intend to stop. Ive really enjoyed this weekend even though I havent left the house. I think im past the negative thinking of recent times, and I cant wait for my next chance to dress up again.

13 comments:

  1. Nice picture :-) I really detest hair removal products. Between the skin reaction and the amount of hair they leave behind I never found them worth the time or effort

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Tiffanie! :)

      Im not a fan of hair removal products either, and the result from using Veet was far from perfect. But I get a reaction no matter what I do, wax, epilate or even shave, so I figured it was worth a try. It was really good on my more sensitive areas (inner thighs, tops of arms, etc), and going over the next day with a razor was easier because a lot of the work was already done.

      The idea now is to keep on top of it rather than having one massive task every few months. Im hoping this will make things easier in the long run.

      Thank you for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. Good post, 'tranny bomb' made me laugh, I can relate to that.
    Glad you got some time to finally dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really was no other way to describe it! Im still tidying it up now! :)

      Thank you Charlotte, im hoping there will be more opportunities in the near future. x

      Delete
  3. Get thee to a Xmas party, mrs! :-)

    Glad to read you had such a positive experience and if I may say, that's a great photo too.

    A chuck out can be just the thing you need to make a bit of space: both mentally and physically. Think of the extra space you can now fill with shoes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll be getting to any Xmas parties this year, but there is the possibility of doing something early January. Fingers crossed!

      Aw thanks Lynn! I really quite enjoyed the whole process, and was especially happy with the end result.

      Haha, I think if I filled that space with shoes my gf would kill me! :)

      Delete
  4. If I'm not mistaken, your gf is supportive, right?

    I just wanted to make a quick comment on how I felt about the "secretive" dressing before my spouse eventually started a full-time transition. I was kind of hurt that I wasn't included in something that made her so happy. The secretive nature of it also made it kind of scary for me. I didn't know what all went into it when I wasn't a part of it.

    My small bit of advice would be to try and share as much as you can with your partner to not only include them in your happiness, but to help them cope with any anxieties about what you might do when they aren't around. It feels a bit like being pushed out of a very intimate part of your partner's life...which it is. Plus, they might have some great tips for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and a side note on the above...if you just aren't comfortable around your partner quite yet, maybe just tell her that. You never know, she might be okay if you just say that you need to explore that side of you on your own but will work on including her if she is willing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is supportive, yes. She doesnt necessarily want to get involved in any way but she lets gives me some space. What youve touched on though is something I was going to write about in a near-future post.

      Basically, my feelings about being open with my girlfriend has changed slightly for some reason. When I have brought things up in the past, her reactions can vary sometimes. While there are things she accepts, it doesnt mean she necessarily likes them (shaving body for example). And right now, I feel embarrassed about it, and im having real difficulty pushing past it so we can have conversations about it. Its something she actually mentioned the other night as well: "you dont talk about it anymore".

      Its all too easy to fall back into secrecy, and I am trying not to, but I cant find the voice to talk about it again. As you say, maybe I should just say im not comfortable talking about it right now.

      Delete
  6. Hello Aimee ..... well this is a nice post to read! I can well imagine what the house looked like .... great fun though ! As for the woman from Boots knowing, as you say 'so what'.

    Great that you are doing ok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the house was a complete mess! It took ages to tidy it all up too, but it did mean I could have a sort out as I did so and I got rid of a few old things.

      Im doing pretty well thank you, I hope your ok too! :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, you look great!

    I definitely laughed at "tranny bomb." That's a perfect description for what my room looks like sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Ashley! :)

      There was no other way to describe it, and annoyingly it took ages to tidy up too!

      Delete